by The Edge Retail Academy Team
- SALES – Share the monthly store goal for your Holiday Selling Season with your team and break it down into a weekly and daily goal. Set individual goals for each salesperson so they know what is expected of them. Use Edge Pulse to track your sales – hourly, daily and month to date! Tip: Sales associates can track their individual sales through The Edge Pulse dashboard as well.
- INVENTORY – Don’t match online pricing; a sure fire way to kill your profits. Instead, consider adding freebies, promotional products, warranties, free sizing, etc., that add value. Talk about how to minimize discounting ahead of time, to ensure your sales team is prepared. Tip: remember, customers don’t get the service and human touch they get in a brick & mortar, while shopping online – that’s why they came to see you! Replenish your fast selling product daily. The average fast seller turns 5 times a year. Remerchandise your cases by featuring the most desired pieces in prominent positions and group collections together to provide customer solutions.
- STORE – Be fully prepared. Make sure your POS area is fully stocked, your cases are merchandised and full to avoid leaving your customer. Your store should be clean, attractive, brightly lit & smelling good. Add Holiday sounds and decorations and you are ready to go!
- SALES – Continue to have weekly meetings and daily huddles with your team! Share month to date figures. Celebrate wins and high five team members who have excelled in average retail sale, most add-ons, lowest discounting, etc. Communication is key during this busy season; set your tone by staying positive and focused. Tip: praise in public, discipline in private.
- MARKETING – If you have a Facebook page, consider a Facebook sponsored story ad since they receive 52% more clicks than the standard Facebook ads. Tip: 80% of consumers state they’re more likely to try new things because of a suggestion from a friend through social media.