by Darci Aselage
First Annual Future Jewelry Designer Contest:
- Students (grades X-X: I think grades 3-6 are good to get involved) design a ring or pendant.
- The winning design will be created by the jeweler and given to the student. The student who created the design can give the finished piece of jewelry to someone special
- You may want to stipulate the metal you are willing to make it in, and the gemstones available. Example: would you want to make a platinum/diamond piece, or a sterling silver/synthetic gemstone piece?
- The design must be delivered in person to XXX Jewelers no later than (GIVE DATE)
- The winning design will be chosen on (GIVE DATE)
- No purchase necessary
- Every effort will be made to adhere to the student’s original design, however; XXX Jewelers reserves the right to modify the design, at the discretion and suggestion of our master jeweler
- Your name, grade, school, and phone number should be written clearly on the back of your entry
- Viability – design must be executable in precious metal
- Our ability to create the piece as exactly as the child designed it without sacrificing the child’s intent
- Practicality – How wearable the piece would be
- Creativity – of design
- Presentation – legible handwriting, clear drawing, proper explanation of stones and metals desired
Certificate of Participation:
- May be nice to have a certificate to be given to all participants
- Excellent Job! Thanks for your hard work and creative thinking!
- Owner signs all certificates
People are always looking for heartwarming and fun stories. Contact the following media:
- Post on your Website, Facebook page, Twitter, etc.
- Local TV stations, especially morning shows
- Local newspapers and magazines
- Local Radio stations